50 YEARS : THE ROAD BETWEEN THE VINYL SINGLE « RALLYE MONTE-CARLO» AND TODAY’S CD SINGLE « MARANELLO » !
In December of 1959, at age 12, for his last childhood Christmas at the Palace of HH.SS.HH. Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace of Monaco, he received from his Sovereign a gift that was to mean so much: a guitar !
From 1960 through 1970, he was the leader of different rock groups, playing drums with the Vampires, bass guitar in the Yankees and « Les Ombres » (Shadows’ repertoire), ending that period as lead vocal and bass guitar with « The Outlaws », playing and singing the Beatles.
Composer of the original songs played and recorded with his groups, he left
« The Outlaws » after the success of his first recording session in London, at the world famous EMI Abbey Road Studios.
October 1971, first take at Abbey Road in Studio 3, with Richard Lush as sound engineer, he recorded
« Everybody’s loved a first time ». This song was released as the first «Richard LORD» single, followed in 1973 by his first Gold Record, the song of the world famous race : the « Monte-Carlo Rally ».
June 14th 2002, he received an award from the SACEM (Copyright Society in Paris). His catalogue of music today has more than 200 songs registered, and about 100 recorded.
AFTER « RALLYE MONTE-CARLO », THIS IS THE STORY OF… « MARANELLO »
On February 3, 2005, on a personal invitation, Richard LORD went to Italy, in Maranello, to visit the Team of the Scuderia F1.
These privileged moments are at the heart of the composition of this new Italian title. Little by little,
«Maranello» is born…
– Paris, September 2007 : Creation of the musical and rhythmic bases, special effects in the studios at MC LIMITED.
– Milano, July 2008 : Recording of the eight Italian chorists in the studios at ALARI PARK.
– London, August 2008 : Final lead vocal, mixing and mastering at ABBEY ROAD, where Richard LORD has recorded since 1971.
– Milano again, December 2008 : 14 Italian dancers joined Richard LORD for the production and shooting of the videofilm at the AREATERRA/ACCADUEO studios.
– January 2009 : Release of the CD single «Maranello», with the original version from the vinyl single “Rallye Monte-Carlo» and the DVD (videoclip) «Maranello» with the dancers.
– May 2009 : Richard LORD sings «Maranello» for the Premiere of the dance hit single, with 6 dancers, for the Monaco Grand Prix F1 Gala Dinner held at the Sporting Monte-Carlo. The performance was enjoyed by HSH Prince Albert II and the whole Formula 1 world (drivers, teams and organizers).
– Richard wrote a new song « VANCOUVER BC », another tribute to a town, after the Olympic Games…
– Also HARLEY BIKER (HARLEY DAVIDSONG), that Richard wrote and recorded in Paris, with the project to make it in Nashville (USA) with different other singers
– He also started to write an autobiographical book that will be prefaced by H.S.H. Prince ALBERT II of Monaco : The amazing Life of a Monegasque composer, between the Music, the Automobile and Abbey Road !
From « Monte-Carlo » to « Maranello », Richard’s life and music have travelled all over Europe, as well as the Emirates, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Brasil, Hong Kong, Seychelles, USA with New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco…
In 2011 :
1971-2011, also celebrating 40 years of Richard’s recording sessions at Abbey Road, when Richard Cavassuto recorded in Studio 3 his first vinyl single « Everybody’s Loved a First Time » and his famous « Rallye Monte-Carlo » as… Richard LORD !
July 2011, Richard was invited among the prestigious guests of HH.SS.HH. Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco, to celebrate their unforgettable wedding.
« When I’m Sixty-Four… »
10th September 2011 – Once again at the Sporting Monte-Carlo, Richard performed with 18 musicians, chorists and dancers to celebrate
« 64 », his own birthday. Yes indeed, Richard was born on September 10th, 1947, exactly 64 years before ! During the show, he told through his songs, fifty years of music and voyages throughout the world. In the audience was HSH Prince Albert II who, once more, came to play drums with all the band on the final song « Maranello », Jonathan Smith, General Manager of the EMI Abbey Road Studios, the famous drummer André Ceccarelli and the french singer Laurent Voulzy who came to sing « I feel fine » with Richard.
– 16th of June, organised by Richard, wishing to twin the 2 famous town, the first official visit in Maranello of Georges Marsan, Mayor of Monaco and Lucia Bursi, Mayor of Maranello.
– 15th of September, the new concert of « Richard Lord and Friends » for the « Notte Rossa », Piazza del Museo Ferrari in… Maranello !
22nd of June, second concert « Notte Rossa » in Maranello where Richard sings with the RHBB (Red House Blues Band), a rock group formed by engineers and collaborators working at the Ferrari SpA !
10th September, Richard organized a meeting for his project of twinning Monaco and Maranello, a special meeting in the Palace’s gardens and a dinner with HSH Prince ALBERT II, the Mayors of Monaco, Maranello and Fiorano, at the Hotel de Paris, Monte-Carlo SBM to celebrate his 66 but also 40 years from « Rallye Monte-Carlo » to « Maranello ».
6th November, at the ACM, Richard with 13 others, after 50 years as a member of the Automobile Club of Monaco, became « Member for life ».
10th of May, new concert of Richard LORD in Fiorano, special guest with the RHBB.
May 2014 – Going on with the relationship between Monte-Carlo and Maranello for his twinning idea, Richard met Massimiliano Morini, the new Mayor of Maranello who replaced Lucia Bursi.
Still writing his biographical book started in 2011, Richard’s life should be released end 2018.
September 2014 , Richard performed 12 songs for the FCA Ferrari Club of America in Los Angeles and sang «Maranello» for a special FCA event organised by the West Region. Then, he drove on Route 66, just the day before his « 67 », after visiting and dedicating his CD/DVD Maranello
« Notte Rossa » at the Las Vegas Ferrari’s Dealer.
4th September, invited by the FCA (Ferrari Club of America), Richard sang his song Maranello, giving a concert in Los Angeles. He did realize another dream : celebrating his 66th birthday, driving on the famous Route 66, the Grand Canyon by helicopter and dedicating his CD, DVD Maranello in Las Vegas with Ferrari’s dealer.
November, «Belle Parole», a new song written in Italian by Richard. His new production was recorded in Paris, Milano and in London at Abbey Road Studios, by « Robbie » an Italian Artist. She used to be as a chorist in the RHBB.
December, Richard wrote « Jacques & Gabriella », a new song for the princely twins of Monaco. HSH Prince Albert II loved the song and invited Richard to perform the song at the Palace for their baptism.
In March, a new CD Album (Ref. ARR 20151) with all the concert « Live » in Maranello is released and distributed by the town and the Ferrari Shops in Maranello to promote the song « Maranello » all over the world by all the tourists, Ferrari’s fans visiting the « Città dei Motori ».
10th May, Richard sang « Jacques & Gabriella » at the Palace, in front of 400 VIP’s invited by HSH Prince Albert II and Princesse Charlene for the baptism of their twins.
10th September 2016 – he, once more at the Sporting Monte-Carlo, organized to celebrate his birthday, a new concert called « 69 », with songs he wrote during thoses years, also some songs from « Woodstock » (August 1969) and from the Beatles Album « Abbey Road », released in September 1969.
20th May 2017 – In Maranello, Richard invited H.S.H. Prince Albert II to visit the Ferrari Museum and realised his goal : to make the Mayors of Maranello and Monaco to sign an alliance between these famous cities of Automobile.
1947-2017 – Richard Lord and Ferrari celebrate their 70’s.
September 2017 – Richard goes on writing his autobiographic book about more than 50 years, between the Music, the Automobile and… Abbey Road !
His project « From Monte-Carlo to Maranello » to organise an Asian Tour is on its way. To sing his « Rally », « Maranello » and many other songs in association with the National Automobile Clubs and/or different Scuderia Ferrari Clubs starting from Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, ending in Wellington (New Zealand).
To see most of the songs of the concert, please go and visit on YOUTUBE / RICHARD LORD CONCERT 69.